Sobre este proyecto
Mostrar listado de necesidades
Transaction and Goteo costs
Goteo charges 8% for using their services, and transaction costs for banks and PayPayal are another 3%, totalling 11%.
|€ 1.226||€ 1.226|
Rewards for donors
Costs for sticker printing and t-shirt manufacture for donor rewards. Includes costs for free shipping to Europe.
|€ 5.790||€ 5.790|
Build new website
Install, configure, theme, and test the new website.
|€ 4.054||€ 4.054|
New server setup and configuration
The new website will run on a new server. This needs to be installed and configured.
|€ 140||€ 140|
Crowdfunding preparation & launch
Preparing the crowdfunding campaign requires many tasks, including contacting potential donors, setting up and managing new social media accounts, designing drafts of the new website, writing blogs and updates about progress, creating the Goteo pages and references, collecting quote from users, building mailing lists, taking photos for promotion, and contacting journalists.
|€ 4.445||€ 4.445|
Releasing GnuPG 2.1
First released as beta in 2010, GnuPG 2.1 includes many new features and fixes, some of which are critical to 3rd party apps. Version 2.1 will finally be released with currently open bugs resolved.
|€ 6.000||€ 6.000|
Design of the new website, including: - Base template design - Homepage design - Mobile site design - Blog / news pages design - Logo polishing - Subscription / donation page special design - Download page special design - Manual (guidebook) pages design
New website content (text, pictures)
Creation of new website content, including: - Signing party photos - Client application photos - Homepage (landing page) text - Collect new guides, courses, vids, etc. - Write new cryptoparty page content - Agree text for tie-ins with related apps
Descripción del proyecto. Características, fortalezas y diferenciales.
- Release of GnuPG 2.1
- Anonymous Tor network access to gnupg.org
- New server for web infrastructure
- New user friendly design optimised for desktop and mobile
- Fresh download page catering to all devices
- Updated collection of external videos, guides, and courses
- New page for Cryptoparties
- Continued availability of all existing pages and manuals
- New subscription handling system for sustaining GnuPG development
Motivación y a quién va dirigido el proyecto
Why is strong privacy so important?
Faith in the privacy of our communications is necessary for:
- Guarding trade secrets
- Meaningful and fair negotiations
- Protection and advancement of human rights
- Academic exploration and development
- Political freedom and democracy
- Proper development from to adulthood - childish mistakes belong in the past
What makes GnuPG so secure?
It's Free Software - anyone can inspect its source code and check for back doors, and security experts frequently do. It's made by leading experts who were originally chosen by the German Government for their aptitude. It's build on rock solid cryptography principles that have been adopted industry-wide, and uses the OpenPGP Open Standard for compatiblity with other applications. It's so widely used that hundreds of companies have a vested interest in checking that it works the way it should. Unfortunately that doesn't mean they choose to donate to the project or support it in other ways. And it's even used by Phil Zimmerman, father of strong email and voice over IP encryption.
What difference will a new website make?
The existing GnuPG website dates back to 2002. It was built to provide easy access to technical documentation about the project. In 2013 GnuPG is now well accepted by technical security groups however, and we need to reach out to new audiences. We also need to make it easy for people to help sustain work on GnuPG into the future, by supporting subscriptions and encouraging donations.
Non-technical need encouragement to get over the few initial steps that setting up strong encryption takes. Faith in the relevance, usefulness, and power of GnuPG is affected by the the project homepage, and we need a new professional face to inspire a new generation of users to try it out, together with friendly introductions and pointers to additional resources.
A new website serves not only to boost the project's image and popularity short term therefore - it will found a sustainable development model for future maintenance and development of this foundation stone of digital security.
Objetivos de la campaña de crowdfunding
Werner has been writing enterprise software for more than 25 years. He specialises in cryptography development, security audits, and low-level coding. He is the original author of GnuPG and project leader.
Sam is a Free Software hacker, promoter, and campaigner. He directs the Document Freedom Day campaign for Open Standards, has spoken at conferences in many European countries, and recently led the encryption back-end rewrite for ownCloud Inc.'s file-hosting platform.